Friday, March 30, 2012

Sketching a Face- Basic Proportions

Sketching a Face- Basic Proportions Tube. Duration : 9.93 Mins.


It's been a while since my last video. The reason was that I had to wait to get my new 9x12 Intuos to replace the old 4x5 Graphire I was using for the past videos. Anyway... So I got a few requests of people wanting me to show proportions of the face and how to start it. So this is a pretty basic attempt at that. I recorded it at actual speed, but it seems really slow because I'm still getting used to this new tablet. I'm at least 3 times faster with paper and a pencil. Programs used were Painter IX and Camtasia Studio. For those wondering what brush I used, it was a 2B Pencil with default settings, at a 2.2 size and with a light light blue-gray colour. Music is 'Sealed Door' by Project Majestic Mix and 'Eternal Wind' by Mister G and FFMusicDJ. For FREE art resources, like photoshop brushes, reference images, art books etc... check out the Resources section at www.sycra.net The forum at http is a growing community of artists all working to improve and help each other, it's free to join, so if you want to recieve comments or critiques on your work, or maybe offer some advice, head on over! Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com

Tags: drawing, sketching, how, to, draw, face, people, proportions

No comments:

Post a Comment